Saturday, February 27, 2016

Kloster Eberbach International Easter Market

Kloster Eberbach International Easter Market

The Kloster Eberbach is a beautiful monastery located on the Rhine River and each year they hold an International Easter Market with over 80 vendors! Spring is coming soon and this market is an ‘egg-cellent’ way to kick it off!


This was my first time going to an Easter Market, so I was very excited! Also I was up for any reason to be able to go check out the inside the incredible Kloster Eberbach. The parking was located right outside of the monastery and there was no cost.



After a short walk through the courtyards of the monastery I arrived at the market!


The architecture inside alone already lived up to my expectations of what I envisioned to see at this gorgeous monastery. Then inside this picturesque room were rows of vendors, or shall I say, artists!


As I embarked on my stroll through this egg filled Easter Market, I had the same feeling as when I first started going to the Christmas Markets in search for the Christmas spirit. I was hoping this market would get me out of the cold, damp winter funk and be that glimmer of hope that spring in on its’ way! Bring on your fuzziest chicks, colorful flowers and neon eggs... I am so ready!

 
Every table was a new discovery of art. Each artist had a different style of egg decorating. You really wouldn’t think this is possible until you see if for yourself. From bright colors, to dipped in silver to hallow lace-like eggs, they really had it all.


Some of the artists were even working on the eggs at the table and you can see the intricate details and hard work that goes into their eggs.



It was not too crowded inside so you were able to really get a good look at each table. The prices of the eggs were generally not cheap, but there were some tables with more affordable ones. They also had a children’s table set up in the back with egg crafts for them to make and take home.


I walked around for a while and looked at every single table so I was pretty hungry at that point. Luckily they had a table with Easter goods for sale and also a café on the first floor. I had a delicious homemade cake and a cup of tea and it really hit the spot!




On the way back to the car, everyone was stopping at the winery gift shop.


The gift shop was informative, relaxing and they had very nice items for sale.




My first Easter Market was a very enjoyable and I even found a souvenir to remind of this lovely market!


Address: Bingerpfortenstraße, D-65399 Kiedrich

Author’s Profile: Gemma is a mom, a veteran and an Army civilian living in Wiesbaden, Germany. With New Jersey roots, she is enjoying her extended European vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment